The Aprendendo com Cultura e Extensão (Learning with Culture and Extension) Program is mainly aimed at promoting projects in the field of culture and extension involving research activities developed by undergraduate students at the University of São Paulo. This experience seeks to deepen the relationship between the student body and society. Thus, it is configured as an important catalyst for activities inside and outside the University of São Paulo, offering the opportunity for dialogue between education, research, and culture and extension.
It’s important to reinforce that the “Learning” integrates the Policy of Support for Permanence and Student Education of the University of São Paulo.
Since the Learning with Culture and Extension Program has been prominent for its increasing number of applications, its perspectives in the short and medium terms are:
- to continue its qualification process;
- to increase the number of reviewers for the submitted projects;
- to increase the Comissões de Cultura e Extensão participation as well as the student representation in all of the projects approval stages;
- to promote the participation of projects related to culture and extension activities at a national level at the Simpósio Aprender com Cultura e Extensão;
- to publish Cadernos Aprender com Cultura e Extensão with texts of coordinators that present the theme of experiences with completed projects;
- to internationalize the program through cooperation agreements with foreign institutions to exchange cultural experiences in a broader sense, enriching the training of future professionals.
Every year, they launch the Project Catalogues of the current edition and the “Cadernos”, with the Previous Edition Final Reports.
Translated by: Lara Yoshime Shizuko Fukushima